Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Elephant Whisperer: My Life with the Herd in the African Wild



The Elephant Whisperer: My Life with the Herd in the African Wild by Lawrence Anthony (Author), Graham Spence (Author). When South African conservationist Lawrence Anthony was asked to accept a herd of “rogue” wild elephants on his Thula Thula recreation reserve in Zululand, his frequent senses told him to refuse. However he was the herd’s final likelihood of survival: they would be killed if he wouldn’t take them.

In order to save their lives, Anthony took them in. Within the years that adopted he became part of their family. And as he battled to create a bond with the elephants, he got here to appreciate that they'd an incredible deal to teach him about life, loyalty, and freedom.


The Elephant Whisperer is a heartwarming, thrilling, humorous, and sometimes sad account of Anthony’s experiences with these huge but sympathetic creatures. Set against the background of life on an African recreation reserve, with unforgettable characters and unique wildlife, it's a pleasant ebook that can enchantment to animal lovers and adventurous souls everywhere.

I have been fascinated by elephants ever since seeing a documentary on them so it is no surprise this e book caught my attention. From page one it grabbed me and saved enthralled throughout. The relationship between Lawrence Anthony and his wild herd of elephants is something to be admired. I felt transported to a different world as I examine life on "Thula Thula". This ebook is not only about elephants however about all of the adventures of life within the African Wild. I am so enthusiastic about this man and his work that I now wish to visit Thula Thula in the future so I can meet this superb herd of jumbos. If you are an animal lover, especially exotic animals, I highly advocate this book. It is not going to disappoint.

I liked this book. It took me into a world that I could solely hope to experience. Lawrence Anthony has a story to inform that will fill hearts with exhilaration, pleasure, in addition to the sadness and exasperation. He actually reveals the depth of elephants in an approach that just one who has spent considerable time and love on them can. An ideal read.

An amazing book. I used to be not capable of put it down. It does not solely revolve around the elephants but additionally the life on the game reserve in general. I am recommending it to all people that like to read.

A very interesting account of a man's journey with these sensitive clever beings. Why can we enable folks like Robert Mugabes troopers to slaughter these superb creatures. 

The Elephant Whisperer: My Life with the Herd in the African Wild
Lawrence Anthony (Author), Graham Spence (Author)
384 pages
Thomas Dunne Books; 1 edition (November 10, 2009)

More details about this books.

No comments:

Post a Comment