Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Secret Life of Plants by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird




The Secret Life of Plants: a Fascinating Account of the Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Relations Between Plants and Man by Peter Tompkins (Author), Christopher Bird (Author). The world of plants and its relation to mankind as revealed by the most recent scientific discoveries. “Loads of hard facts and astounding scientific and practical lore.”–Newsweek.

This is likely one of the extra enlightening texts I have ever come upon. To think that pre-digital work was performed by Bose in India more than a hundred years in the past is indicative of intellect and insight the likes of Tesla and Einstein. I have with great enthusiasm instructed and retold tales from this e-book to so many and I benefit from the appears of astonishnment resultant. To know that crops will be amplifiers or in some way in any other case receptors -conveyors of our ideas-feelings, continues to me to be such a thoughts-blower. To those of you actually turned on by this e-book, you’ll be equally entertained by the very thought provoking book: MORNING OF THE MAGICIANS. Give it a shot. Heartiest thanks to Mr. Tompkins and Mr. Bird.


Truly, having read this, I was inspired to assume for one among my houseplants that I wish it could grow out not up so I haven’t got to clip the top. Both it and the plant beside it were putting out aspect shoots like crazy inside about two weeks, though I just meant the tall one (but after all I was excited to see each try this). Now the tall plant can be “ducking” to not be too tall for the counter it sits on. I really feel like they “heard” me and tried to conform, as a result of before they’d a different progress pattern. So maybe there really IS one thing to all this. I’d relatively say there’s and be fallacious, then treat my plants like mere objects and be wrong. Very fascinating book.

I like this book impressed me ceaselessly with fantastic pure mysteries about plants natural capabilities, even instincts. Like sensing peoples emotions, realized through lie detector tests. It explains how new frontiers of what vegetation are feeling & can do now. However that goes back tens of millions of years of all animals relying on crops, water, air & microbes we have to dwell healthy.
I’m nonetheless studying about crops capabilities of utter simple & complex, spirals & fertility through the seasons cycles in their foodwebs.

Also the movie of it with Stevie Wonder’s magical soundtrack is inspiring! And few more books on plants magical qualities are in print now. Glad the movie is now available. I met Peter Thompkins a couple of years in the past was wonderful. ‘Secret Life’ still is basic inspiring e book for all Permaculture & botoney & wild crops & herb studies. It connects human Nature with plants sensitivities. See “Gaia’s Garden, Second Edition: A Guide To House-Scale Permaculture”]

The Secret Life of Plants: a Fascinating Account of the Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Relations Between Plants and Man
Peter Tompkins (Author), Christopher Bird (Author)
402 pages
Harper & Row, Publishers (March 8, 1989)

More details about this books.

No comments:

Post a Comment